Canada immigration visa application

Work Permit

In most situations, a foreign national is required a work permit in order to work in Canada.

With an open work permit, you will be able to work for any employer in Canada.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if:

  • You are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution (DLI).

  • You've applied for permanent residence in Canada.

  • You are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence.

  • You are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student.

  • You are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program.

  • You are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member.

  • You are under an unenforceable removal order.

In some other cases, if you are not eligible for an open work permit, you may need an employer specific work permit. Generally, in order to hire a foreign worker, an employer needs to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Once an employer receives a supportive LMIA, you may apply for a work permit. In some cases, employers do not need an LMIA in order to be able to hire you.

Book a consultation to find out whether you are eligible to work temporarily in Canada.

Our services:

  • Consultation regarding admissibility and general requirements for you and your accompanying family members.

  • Full assistance with obtaining, extending, and restoring your work permit.

  • Review of your application for errors.

  • Assistance with preparing/perfecting your submission letter.

Please book a consultation now